Egg Pulav (Spicy Indian egg rice)
In France, there was a time when my Mexican friends left me a lot of cool food stuff, when they left for home.
This time round, my Brazilian roomie’s Spanish friends left him a lot of cool stuff. So I promised them to make some spicy Indian rice.
In India we call that “Pulav”
The recipe …
- Fry some chopped onion till it’s crispy. (about 3 medium onions)
- Add chopped garlic (about 7 cloves) and capsicum cut into long, thin strips (1 big capsicum).
- In a separate vessel mix Yogurt (about 300 gms), Chilly powder (1 tea spoon), Turmeric (2 tea spoons), Ginger paste (3 tea spoons), Garam masala (1 tea spoon), Dry raisins (about 50 gms), Curry leaves (about 5), salt (as per taste), pepper powder (as per taste).
- Also add the fried mixture of onions, garlic and capsicum to this mix.
- Add few peeled boiled eggs (about 6)
- Cover this by a layer of soaked rice (about 350 gms) (preferably Basmati rice)
- Add little water (2 cups)
- Heat this arrangement on a medium flame/setting for 25 min
PS: This makes a hearty meal for 5 people :)
Content Copyright© 2012 by Kunal Patankar. All rights reserved.