I never made anything sweet .. till about few years back when my Estonian and Portuguese friends insisted that I should make them some.
So I learnt how to make “Gajar ka Halwa”.
Apparently most recipes and from my experience of watching my mom and aunts make this, it just takes too much time.
My first experience was similar .. almost took me 90 minutes 😐
So I improvised 🙂
- Heat some butter
- Add half a kilo of grated carrots
- Saute till carrots become a bit transparent
- Add about 400 ml of condensed milk
- Add about half a cup of sugar
- Add some raisins
- Stir and heat for about 30 min or till the texture isn’t liquid anymore