Usually, I stick to cooking vegetarian, chicken or fish. But occasionally I love to make goat or lamb.
And since my friends seem to like my lamb recipe, I have been cooking it for them a bit often lately 😀
But I didn’t get the time to blog about the recipe.
Note: It differs a lot from the mutton curry one typically finds in India, because of the level of spiciness. Over time I have gotten used to eating less spicy, or less chilly to be precise. This recipe is actually quite mild, but brings out the flavor of the lamb 🙂
- We start with marinating about 1 kilo of lamb meat (ideally; pieces with some fat and bones, for the extra flavor)
- In a pot mix 200gms of yogurt, 1 spoon of oil, salt as per taste, half spoon of turmeric, 2 spoons of mutton masala (or garam masala in case you don’t have it)
- Let it marinate for half an hour or more
- Blend 1 onion, 1 clove, 1 cm of cinnamon, 1 cardamon, 5-6 curry leaves, 3-4 garlic, 1/2 cm of ginger with 100 ml of water
- In a pressure cooker heat 3-4 spoons of oil
- Add 1/2 spoon of mustard seeds when the oil is hot
- Add the blended mixture
- Saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add salt to taste and fenugreek leaves
- Add 1 tomato, cut in pieces
- Saute for 5 more minutes
- Add all of the marinated lamb
- Add 50 gms of butter
- Cover the pressure cooker and heat on a medium flame for 30-40 min
The lamb curry is ready!
Serve with naan or rice 🙂
Content Copyright© 2018 by Kunal Patankar. All rights reserved.