This is something I absolutely love but didn’t attempt to make because it takes a bit more time and preferably a pressure cooker. Also I had the impression that it’s really hard to make.
This time when I visited home; lamb cuisine was one of the highlights. From the mutton biryani in Hyderabad to the awesome curries which my mom and best friend treated me with … now that I am back in Munich I was missing it so much; I guess it was about time I did something about it.
Plus I finally got that pressure cooker 😉
- Heat some oil
- Add some mustard seeds and let them pop
- Add chopped onions, garlic and ginger
- Add cinnamon sticks, whole black pepper, whole red chillies, cloves, cardamon
- Add some bay leaves
- Stir fry them for 10 min
- Add Lamb pieces
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chicken/meat masala, kitchen king masala
- Stir fry, while occasionally mixing everything, for 20 min
- Add chopped tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes
- Add chopped carrots
- Add some water
- Let everything boil in a pressure cooker for about 40 min