This was an accident … really!
Normally on Friday’s I just pick up some fresh veggies or meat and make a quick meal (If I plan to stay in town)
So like a normal Friday, I decided to pick up some Fenugreek and make a salad .. Indian style.
Felt like dropping an egg, but forgot to do so while cooking; thought it would make sense to assemble a raw egg and pop the plate in the microwave but just for a minute; since it was already hot. It didn’t help much.
So just mixed the egg white with the salad without disturbing the unbroken yolk … and Voila! … Methi omlet 😀
- A medium sized bunch of Fenugreek (methi in Hindi) .. usually you can only find it in Indian stores
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 1/4 spoon of mustard seeds
- 3 spoons of oil
- 1/2 spoon of sugar
- 1 dried red chilly
- 1 spoon of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Egg
- Heat some oil
- Add mustard seeds and the dried red chilly and let the seeds pop
- Add chopped onion and saute until they are soft and translucent
- Add sugar
- Add turmeric powder
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves and mix gently
- Add salt to taste
- Gently stir until the leaves shrink to like 20% of their original volume 🙂
- Serve in a shallow bowl
- Break and assemble an egg in the middle
- Mix the egg white with the salad
- microwave for a minute
Methi Omlet! 😀
Content Copyright© 2019 by Kunal Patankar. All rights reserved.