A Spanish guy recently moved into our house. That got us discussing about the culinary specialties of Spain. One of them happened to be “Paella”.
That got me thinking of something similar that I love from India.
… “Khichdi” 🙂
- Heat some oil
- Add cumin and let them pop
- Add chopped carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and garlic
- Saute for 5 min
- Add turmeric and salt to taste
- Add pre-soaked rice & linsen along with water
- Heat for 20 min
- Add spinach puree
- Heat for 5 min
- Garnish with some Basilico leaves