Chicken and mushrooms curry with Coriander
So I discovered an Iranian community near my area. Ever since then my room is loaded with Saffron tea, Dates, … and herbs I don’t even know how to call them.
I also found a big bag of dried coriander leaves.
The Indian spices usually include fresh coriander or coriander seed powder, but usually no dried leaves. And fresh coriander in Europe can be a bit expensive. (I am still used to getting it for free .. that’s how it worked back in India 😉 )
So here’s how I used it.
- Heat some oil in a deep pan
- Add mustard seeds and let them pop in the hot oil
- Add chopped ginger and whole red chillies
- Add chopped onions and garlic
- Add whole black pepper seeds, few curry leaves
- Saute for 10 min
- Add turmeric powder and dried tomatoes
- Add chicken masala and coriander seed powder
- Add chopped tomatoes
- Mix and heat for another 5 min
- Add chicken legs
- Add a cup of water, cover and let it boil for 20 min
- Add dried coriander leaves and chopped mushrooms
- Heat for another 15 min