Taiwanese thick Fish noodle soup
There are more than a few recipes that I loved eating in Taiwan …
I stumbled upon this one randomly. While traveling I like wandering off into streets without knowing where they lead to. In one such endeavor I passed by a small corner shop where they seemed to be making something interesting .. plus I was hungry.
That’s how I found the “Thick fish noodle soup” 🙂
So I tried making it in Munich ..
- In a pot, boil some water
- Add pieces of any fish that you like (I took Alaskan fish fillets for this one)
- Add chopped garlic and ginger
- Add chopped onions and carrots
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and some salt
- Add chopped tomatoes
- Boil for about one and half hours
- Serve the soup over rice noodles with blanched pok choi
- Top with fish fillets fried in cornstarch and red chilly powder