It’s been almost 4 months since I made something interesting enough to put on the blog. So this time I tried making something which I have been planning to make for some time. But with my variation.
Saoji is a super spicy variation of curry from Nagpur, which is in the central region of India.
- Heat some oil and add mustard seeds
- Let the mustard seeds pop
- Add chopped ginger, then chopped garlic and onions
- Add Saoji masala; it’s a mix of grounded mix of cloves, pepper, chilies, cinnamon, …. which is slow roasted before.
- Add coriander seed powder
- Mix well and saute for 5 min
- Add Turkey pieces, mix well and heat for another 5 min
- Add water, cover and heat for 15 min
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms and continue heating
- Add dried Fenugreek leaves and salt to taste
- Heat for another 15 min